TOGETHER WE VOTE
The June 2018 local elections are very important and often overlooked by our voters. There are critical local, state and national issues at stake.
Faith In The Valley is a city-, county- and Valley-wide organizing effort comprised of five multiracial, multi-faith PICO federations, (Fresno, Merced, Kern, Stanislaus and San Joaquin) that have consolidated into one regional organization; building on greater than twenty years of community service.Our mission is to unlock the power of people to put faith into action in the public square, and to advance a movement for racial justice and health equity. We seek to build relational power, lift a new narrative about the lives of people of color, and drive civic engagement efforts that move our community priorities forward. Faith in the Valley is strictly non-partisan and does not support or endorse candidates for office. Faith In The Valley is a member of PICO California and the PICO Network, which is the largest community organizing network in California and the country.
Faith In The Valley is launching a a NON-PARTISAN VOTER EDUCATION campaign to engage thousands of voters this Spring.
We are looking for 18 motivated individuals who desire to help transform their community and build a spirit of power and hope to change the world.
Daily Activities and Responsibilities
- Reach thousands of voters through outbound calls to educate them about critical issues on the upcoming June 2018 elections and build their commitment to voting
- Ensure all required data is submitted in a timely fashion and submit daily reports with activity reports
- Reach daily and weekly goals for number of voters contacted
- Commit to a Zero Absence Policy.
- Highly motivated, responsible, able to work independently, and take initiative
- Outgoing, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to connect with people from a variety of religious, racial, ethnic and economic backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow guidelines and complete required tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong commitment to social and racial justice
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and integrity
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for 6 weeks.
- Previous Call Center experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- High school or equivalent.
$15/hour for 25 hours/week (Sun – Thur 4-8PM)
All applicants must apply for this position online. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter stating why you would be the ideal person for this position
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com.